Specialized Home Design, Inc. (SHD) will be working to create lists of published and non-published articles about products for the single family residential home. It is our hope to provide our readers with insight and perspective of various products within the home environment. With this in mind, we are requesting additional articles that we can include in this portion of our website. Inclusion of submitted articles will be at the sole discretion of SHD. Articles can be submitted here or by contacting us at 616-887-8130 or emailing us.
ADA Grab Bars
- Click here for information pertaining to the placement and reinforcement of ADA grab bars according to the Fair Housing Act Design Manual.
Ceiling Track Lift Systems
Doors & Windows
- Click here for a look at solutions for a anti-slip flooring.
- Click here for an article on low vision and aging eyes by Jeanne M. Halloin
Pools (therapeutic) & Hot Tubs
Residential Elevators & Lifts
- Read an article about residential elevators and stairlifts by Adaptive Environments, Inc.
- Click here for two articles (one PDF) on stairway injuries and safety by Jake Pauls, CPE, an international researcher and consultant and leading expert on stairways and Daniel A. Johnson. Additional information and free downloads of other articles by Mr. Pauls is available on his website.
Walk-in Bathtubs & Bathtub Accessories
Zero Step Entryway
- Learn how to create a zero step entry and view a diagram on page 2. This information is courtesy of the Home & Building Association of Greater Grand Rapids (HBAGGR).