Scott A. Anderle, PT, CAPS, is the President and owner of Specialized Home Design, Inc (SHD). Scott has been a physical therapist (PT) since 1987 and owned five rehabilitation agencies throughout West Michigan. Scott sold his rehabilitation company after 13 years of service to the community and began independent study of home modification for individuals who have had a catastrophic injury or disease as well as the aging baby boomers. Scott began SHD because he recognized the growing need for competent consultation services and thorough, experienced coordination of projects that deal with providing accessible home environments.
Scott has extensively studied universal design, accessibility and barrier free concepts. Scott is a Certified Aging In-Place Specialist (CAPS) and a former Certified Brain Injury Specialist (CBIS). He has been an integral part of numerous home modification projects and evaluations while working with insurance companies, contractors and individuals to coordinate home modification projects.
Scott has completed three of five single-home condominiums in a development called “Independence Condominiums” located in the Village of Sparta, Michigan. This development features custom-built, single-family homes that are universal and accessible in design.
Scott is recognized for his expertise as a universal and accessible home design specialist and is a recognized speaker and educator in his field. Scott brings compassion and commitment to his lectures based on his extensive experience as a physical therapist and a home modification specialist. Scott is also an instructor for the CAPS certification course through the National Association of Home Builders and is identified as a preferred speaker for the National Kitchen and Bath Association. Scott is also a national speaker for Cross Country Education and speaks throughout the country sharing his expertise on universal and accessible home design.
Scott has presented numerous seminars for physical and occupational therapists, kitchen and bath designers, construction related professionals as well as other medical professionals of national companies and organizations. Some of the more recent presentations are:
- April 20-22, 2011 – “Specialty Products for Home Accessibility and Independence” – three one day seminars about specialty products for clients in universally and accessibly designed home environments. Presented as part of a 3 city tour for Cross Country Education in San Antonio, Austin and Houston, Texas. Scott presents these three city tours on a regular monthly basis across the country. See Live Seminars for more details.
- March 22, 2011 - "ABC's of Home Modifications for Patients with Physical & Neurological Disabilities" - a shortened three hour version of the course was presented to construction and design professionals at Williams Kitchen and Bath - Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- January 17-21, 2011 - Scott traveled to HomeCEUConnection in Dallas, Texas to record three full day seminars to be produced and offered as online seminars. Click here to learn more about our online seminars.
- June 2010 – “Homes for the Next Decade: Beyond Universal Design” – A one and a half hour presentation to attendees at The American Institute of Architects (AIA) National Convention and Design Exposition – Miami Beach, Florida
- July 2010 – “Composing an Effective Home Modification Report”. A two hour presentation to attendees at the 4th Annual REHAB SUMMIT Conference & Expo – The Apex of Discovery – hosted by Cross Country Education – Las Vegas, Nevada
- July 29, 2010 – “Specialty Products for Home Modifications”. A two hour presentation to attendees at the 4th Annual REHAB SUMMIT Conference & Expo – The Apex of Discovery – hosted by Cross Country Education – Las Vegas, Nevada
View Scott's resume and read more about him and SHD.